Carpet & Fabric Protector it really works!
There is no better thrill for us than to see the amazing results of our hard work, AND a happy smile on our clients' face(s) after a job well done! Our goal is to keep your carpet, upholstery or tile cleaner for longer. Scotchgard delivers its protection by forming a molecular shield around each carpet fiber. The shield lowers the surface energy of the carpet fibers causing them to repel liquid spills and dust and dirt. This helps prevent dirt and stains from being ground into or absorbed by the fibers.
Scotchgard uses technology to provide more repellency than any other carpet protector. It repels most liquids, allowing spills to be removed before staining and wicking can occur. Dirt and stains cling to untreated carpet and quickly become embedded in the fibers. Scotchgard keeps dirt from sticking to the fibers, making carpets easier to care for.
Common Mistakes Professionals Make When Applying Fabric Protector
- Not using high quality protector product(s). Discount protectors are not as effective and sometimes void the warranty of the carpet. Our company uses only the highest quality, recommended protectors. We apply Scotchgard Protector.
- Not using a dedicated application container. Using the same container for carpet protector as other cleaners can contaminate the carpet protector making it gummy and ineffective. Our vans have a dedicated container reserved ONLY for carpet protector.
- Not applying the product properly. Some cleaners either under apply or over apply the protector. Under applying it doesn't allow for complete penetration on the carpet yarns. Over applying it causes the carpet to become overly stiff and crusty. Our technicians are diligently trained for proper application.
- Not grooming/raking the carpet. For the best performance, the product should be groomed/raked into the carpet for maximum penetration. This ensures contact with all surfaces of the carpet yarn and proper distribution and drying. Able Carpet Care thoroughly grooms the protector into the carpet pile.
6 Reasons You Should Always Get Carpet Protector
- Reduces permanent staining. A great looking carpet can be ruined by an ugly spot. Unprotected carpet doesn't repel spillage as well as protected carpet. Being able to remove spots and spills more effectively, you can avoid permanent staining.
- Helps save your traffic areas/lanes from becoming destroyed. Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts the carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can easily bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying protector, you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically. When you vacuum your protected carpet the soils will release from the carpet pile much more effectively. This will make your vacuuming more efficient as well.
- Make spots easier to remove. The easier a spot is to remove, the less cleaner you will have to use. The less agitation you will have to use, and the less time it will take. Many spots can be removed easily with just water.
- Makes your next professional cleaning more effective. Having protector applied to your carpet will enhance your next cleaning. More soil will be removed the next time your carpeting is professionally cleaned.
- Helps avoid costly service calls. Although you want to call us out to handle any spot you cannot remove immediately, carpet protector helps you remove more spots than you could without protector. You may be able to save a minimum charge by removing the spot yourself.
- 3M recommends the application of Scotchgard after each cleaning on all carpet fiber types. With an application of Scotchgard carpet protector, you have the assurance your carpet is protected with a premium quality product.
30 day spot & spill warranty